Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I got independence!



This is an excerpt from my personal diary. Usually a personal diary will not let others to barge into it. But I’m letting out this page of mine because I felt it to be funny and my little brain thought everybody would experience such situations in their life and I would find me one with you. Now it’s high time for me to take you into my page. Here we go…


August 15, 2007 Wednesday


9.00am India’s Independence Day, sorry sorry my country’s Independence Day and just now I’m out of my bed. As usual I started with thumbing. I took my mobile phone to see many messages that had made it beep right from 12am, 14th August. Oh, people celebrate even this day. I chose a few best messages wishing Independence Day and forwarded it to many of my friends with a ‘Good Morning’ added to it.


9.20am I strolled down the stairs brushed and went straight into the kitchen saw mother preparing dosa for breakfast. Felt happy and went to the living room and sat down with the paper. There I encountered my father who asked me to take bath and also scolded me for getting up late. My eyes glue to the newspaper, but not my mind. I thought of the previous day when I said Mrs. Shahin, “I won’t take bath tomorrow mam, because it’s Independence Day. I want to be free.” as an answer to her question “What is your plan for tomorrow?” My eyes turned to the newspaper and scanned through it completely.


9.45am Special programs in various TV channels. I took control of the remote and started changing the channel and paused at one channel, which interviewed my favourite heroine. My face brightened to see her answer all Tamil questions in English, her independence to use any language.


9.47am Appa (my father) ordered me to switch off the TV and to drop him at the bus stop. I went reluctantly scolding his non-living vehicle for getting repaired at this day. I thought my job would end as soon as I drop my father in the bus stop, but only on my way I came to know that I’m on the way to shop, to buy a few things for my home for lunch. I was shocked and also taken aback, but absolutely helpless. No other go so I acquiesced to what my father said to me and went to places where all he directed me to go. It took 45 minutes for us to shop but when I returned home my mother just scolded with a smile saying that I have only bought a part of her list.


10.45am I don’t have patience any more. I asked my mother go with my father some time later and entered kitchen lighted the gas stove, made two dosa and started eating. As I was quenching my stomach my mother gave me one more dosa with an egg in it. She said it was made some time before for my little niece and she refused to eat it seems. It (the dosa) was damn cold, of course, me too but I ate it.


11.15am Now no dad and I can watch TV, saying so I sat before TV watching Mel Gibson in “The Patriot” suddenly my mother emerged with a heap of clothes and gave it to me saying iron all these clothes as you watch TV! My shirts were also there mixed with my brothers. I did it utmost care.


12.30pm Now let me go upstairs, if not I’ll be loaded with a new work, thought I, and also abetted my plan and went up. I sat in my PC and worked in Photoshop. I took one of my photo and tried to put me as if climbing up against the current of a huge water fall. Many thoughts came to my mind about to display my handy-work in my blog or not. What would people say on seeing it? Will they laugh? Will they tease? Let me show it to my friends before displaying it, I concluded and shut down my system. After shutting it down I pondered deeply about independence, MY independence. I thought why should I feel shy in show-casing my photograph and my Photoshop skill in MY blog. But did not think about it seriously and went on with reading a few books.


2.00pm I went down for my stomach compelled me to take my lunch. It was chicken that I and my appa bought. I ate well and saw TV but got vexed with the show and thereby went upstairs, my room, and slept.


5.30pm I got up, just opened my eyes, but did not feel like getting up from my bed. I started reading a magazine that was lying near me.


6.10pm My sister and her husband came to my home with my niece. I went down to our living room and there I spent time with those two kids playing and talking with them.


7.15pm Appa asked me to get some Parotta from the shop. The shop, our favourite shop, was just 5km away from my home. So I took my vehicle, my black cheetah (I wish to call it so), and went to the shop, spent a few minutes waiting and started home. On my way back the clouds discharged the gathered water drops and Madurai had good rain. Everybody on the road started to take refugee under the road side roofs. But I felt much happy and also got a bit emotional and started to drive slowly in the rain. I thought it’s my independence to welcome rain and get one with nature by getting drenched. I removed my helmet and started to get wet completely. I came home and was too happy when my mother gave me an umbrella and asked me to give it to my sister, who has gone to the near by hospital for some check up. I walked in the road, all alone except the rain drops. I enjoyed my walk and when I came back home my father blasted me for getting drenched. I dried my hair and never did mind his words. It was by 9 in the evening I thought I got independent.

5 comments:

  1. sir,this piece of ur diary was nice.......everybody have their own norm....its always fun to watch over it...i believe there must be a mind to criticise and analyse ourselve....its like digging ourselve...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello sir,
    this is jp here i saw ur photos and ur ideas too... its nice 2 see and study sir.... and i like the girls and guys facts very much.... then the wht else sir how abt ur family

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello sir,
    its preethy.your blog is nice and informative.the information about preparation of resume is really useful to complete my assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sappa resume a iruku sir.its a old format.
    come for todays trend dude.dont u abt that?

    I think u r making money by asking our students to see this blogspot thru google ad.Is nt it?

    pillagala padi vaiga sir,
    romba kappi thanamalla irukuu

    regards,
    Pera kettale summa athuruthulaa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello sir
    this is ur sit student.evano kappi thanama irukkunu solli avan kappi thanama anuppi irukkan.so leave it sir. dont take this serious. naan yartayum unga blog name a kudukkala including my friend bagya.

    ReplyDelete

Nailed

 "Appa, What's good Friday?", my daughter asked "That's a day when Jesus was nailed to the cross", was my reply ...